About the Festival
Welcome to the celebration & experience known as the Tulip Time Festival! Since 1929, the city of Holland, Michigan has blossomed with literally hundreds of thousands of tulips — and an equal number of tulip-lovers who attend our annual Tulip Time Festival. And the celebration is so much more than tulips… with national entertainment acts, events & activities for all ages, breathtaking sights just off the shores of Lake Michigan and some of the largest parades in Michigan. Tulip Time is truly an experience you don’t want to miss!
Celebrating our 89th year in 2018, Tulip Time has grown over the years to be so much more than a flower festival. Back in 1929, the City of Holland planted its first crop of 100,000 tulips and the overwhelming number of visitors over the years as the Festival took shape resulted in the addition of programs, pageantry, costumes, parades and the popular Dutch Dancers. Each year, we strive to showcase all that Holland, Michigan has to offer.
Mission Statement: To celebrate Holland’s tulips, Dutch heritage and community.
- Top 20 events in the world by the International Festival and Events Association
- Top 100 event in North America by the American Bus Association (23 times)
- Award of Excellence from Premier Tourism Magazine
- Americaʼs Best Small Town Festival by Readerʼs Digest
- World Top 5 Tulip Festivals Worth Travelling For in 2015 from World Tulip Summit Society
- USA Today Best Flower Festival 2016
- 2017 Tulip Festival of the Year Award from World Tulip Summit Society
Proud Member of:
- American Bus Association
- National Tour Association
- Michigan Festivals & Events Association
- West Michigan Tourist Association
- Circle Michigan
The organization that manages the Festival, Tulip Time Festival, Inc., operates as a 501(c)(3) non-profit, charitable organization.
See the links below for more details about our operations:
Cultural Data Projects:
The Board is made up of community leaders and volunteers working with the Tulip Time staff through direction and oversight to create a dynamic celebration of tulips, Dutch heritage and community.
More About the Festival & Holland, Michigan Area
Deep roots in heritage & culture
Dutch heritage and culture run deep in Holland and help shape the future of Tulip Time Festival activities.
Small town charm, big city amenities
From an award-winning downtown to white, sandy beaches, Holland, Michigan offers something for everyone.
Don’t miss a thing
Join the mailing list to receive annual publications & special notices, join the Tulip Time Text program and join us on social media!
Don’t miss a thing
Keep up with current press releases and find digital or print ready photos, graphics & logos.